The Venetian says social media rumor about its closure following July 4 weekend is false

The Venetian says social media rumor about its closure following July 4 weekend is false

The luxury gambling and entertainment venue “The Venetian Las Vegas” has refuted social media reports suggesting that the venue has plans to close its door again following the Fourth of July (July 4) weekend because of COVID-19 concerns.

According to a report published late last week by popular online media site Vital Vegas, some of the gambling and entertainment facilities, including The Venetian and Caesars Palace, may suspend their operations again because of corona virus concerns. The report stressed that increasing cases of potentially deadly corona virus infections were responsible for the casinos’ decision to close their doors to the general public again.

Citing anonymous sources, the online media site said reliable sources informed it that front line staffers at the two aforementioned casinos relayed to guests that the facilities would temporarily close following the busy, long weekend. In its recently published report, Vital Vegas also stated that the casinos planned closures following the July 4 weekend would take place for seven to ten days.

But, when the two casinos were asked for a comment on the report, a senior manager for The Venetian tweeted that the social media rumors about a planned closure of the casino was false; while Caesars Palace didn’t respond to the query.

Refuting the media report about its planned closure, The Venetian stated, “This social media rumor concerning a planned closure of the resort is false.”

It may be noted here that July 4th marks the Independence Day of the United States, which declared its independence on July 4, 1776. Being a federal holiday, casinos and other public places of entertainment enjoy big rush. The upcoming July 4 weekend is also expected to be a busy period for casinos, though the deadly COVID-19 pandemic could make a big dent in it. 

It is worth-mentioning here that Las Vegas casinos resumed operations just a month ago, on June 4, following nearly three-month shutdown caused by the corona virus pandemic that allegedly originated in China and gradually spread to the United States, forcing authorities to order temporary closures of all non-essential businesses in a bid to help control the deadly virus from spreading further. 

Despite the social media rumors about the closures of The Venetian casino, numerous Las Vegas Strip gambling properties and hotels, including Aria, Mandalay Bay, and the Delano, reopened following their lengthy closures because of the pandemic.